After a lengthy search, the prejudice against the ink jet printer has been clarified. Who wants to paint and not much prints can find the optimum with inkjets. This is true not only for the quality but also for the cost of printing.
The short list of Canon Printer stood; Epson and HP
Epson was for bad user feedback and testing of relevant magazines and online tests relatively quickly out of the race
HP has long been the favorite. On the one hand I had a HP Officejet G85. The never had a problem; was technically at a high level only with respect to printer costs a disaster
Since the photo printing not had top priority were actually all the criteria for HP to on a very important: printing costs!
HP still manages the market for printer cartridges to control. There are no compatible cartridges, but only Refill Cartridges with corresponding problems of reliability and quality. When G85 because I had made a very bad experience and was only dependent on how the junkie of the dealer. Quite contrary to Canon. If you compare the cost of printing with the original cartridges of HP is more favorable. But when you consider the alternatives fall at Canon printing costs far below the HP. The quality of photo printing is then certainly not at the high level but photo prints one makes better anyway when specialists.
In my case, the protectionism of HP had an impact for business.
Well the MX925
- Easy integration into wireless home network. Login printer wirelessly simply goes on the device; Can locate the printer computer and click Install. In Win7 computer and laptop, the printer can easily install; in a computer with XP it was only with the Insallations CD; but even then with no problems.
- Very good printing results. With correspondingly good photo paper, the photo prints just awesome (but then a little pricey). Graphic print with standard quality on plain paper is very good. Thanks to special black ink it's used only with the SW ink and not a gray mixed with the expensive color printing in grayscale. However, if on a color page a gray area this is still exists mixed with color as the printer driver might have been a little smarter. Contrary to the test at one of the websites, the SW ink for printing text (pigments) is verwischfest when marking with highlighters. Text printing is clean and up piko 3 legibly (with a magnifying glass).
- Large print cartridge 600S color or 1000S SW are sufficient for home use
- Two-sided printing is working fine
- Large paper tray that can be pulled out completely
- Label Copy to CD or DVD works great if you have appropriate CD or DVD Media. Under normal blanks the imprints are not smudge-proof
- Scanner is not at the level of the printer. Simple color copies go quite well (on both sides). However, if you want to scan photos using must either complex color corrections or access to another scanner. SW copies are of course quickly and very well doable
- Fax: I do not understand why you still can not connect a fax to a wireless DECT telephone. So I can not use the fax I need but for years no longer.
- 2nd compartment for alternate paper: why can not the A4 remains a mystery to me
- Android App: actually the disappointment. Since the print function is very advertised in the small print could have read that only photos or scanned PDF can be printed. To hardly realize that this is not solved. The detour via Google Cloud works very good though. Now I am afraid to print my secret documents on Google; takes a long time and NSA can read. But at any rate it goes.
=> 4 stars (deduction for scanners and Android app)