EMUI 2.3 is one of the more pleasant Manufacturer surfaces in a few weeks there will be EMUI 3.0, a real, big improvement on top of it and for me one of the nicest Android surfaces to this day!
Overall it is a good smartphone with a very good price-performance ratio. Nevertheless, did not like with some things that I would like to raise here. I ride here a little more on the negative points around the many positive are already adequately described in more than 100 reviews and the extent correct.
- The first unit had a yellowish discoloration toward lower end. When OnePlus One as "Yellow Ribbon" known. The cause is the very flat display or the display light from the lower end of - adjusted not completely there, depending on the viewing angle yellowish discoloration on white background. Obviously, this is Huawei, unlike the One OnePlus not a fundamental problem, and I was unlucky with my device. But I can only rate the device, which is available with and not the other users. So forgive me the three stars - in the sum already arises then a fair picture ;-)
- The device was boxed and new - and had at the top of not only residues of adhesive but also a small notch in the metal (unevenness), unfortunately the front top, so that it always looks, if you look closely. Otherwise, the processing was good and the gaps very good, a pity that the overall impression was thus somewhat disturbed.
- The processor comes in handy with even so, sometimes it shakes here and there, but not so bad that it would really bother. It remains exciting to see how future-proof the Ascend P7 is so. Android L is around the corner and as always, Huawei will comment very late about possible updates. I have a much better feeling about the future of safety with regard to the power to be silent for a Nexus 5 but of the updates completely.
- When speaking of performance. The is like saying well enough, but I have sometimes the feeling that the interface of Huawei might be faster. In particular, the status bar runs down very synthetically, shame.
- The camera sound can be switched off only with a trick and to the device must be rooted. Can Googling you, but should no longer be necessary nowadays. Perhaps changes EMUI 3.0 there still something for the better.
- The energy-saving settings are a bit confused. So you have to first find out times that you have to switch to high-performance mode, so that the display is no longer dims when you open your browser! Honestly, I could not believe the first, but the screen is actually dark when not in use in some applications only times of the three power modes the highest. In Standard mode, among other Chrome is turned down.
- Even if you have the settings on the middle level, in my opinion, quite a lot of energy by Android itself is wasted. I have the Nexus 5 in direct comparison with 1: 1 the same apps and this consumes when doing nothing significantly less juice than Huawei. Sometimes there have the Android tasks done more juice to wasted as the display, you have to create for now. I am usually still come across one working day, the Nexus 5 was there but still enough power until the next morning, the Huawei has heckled thirsty for the next outlet. And yes, I had all the updates installed (firmware 133). If you also do not pay attention, you quickly screwed up and essential services for the background processing locked.
- Whatsapp came every now and again by not, you can read so unfortunately even without a final solution in some forums. As well beat back to the energy-saving measures.
Finally, let me say that the Ascend P7 in my eyes is a good device and I can thoroughly recommend. One should not only think that there is the panacea of the same or better hardware and software for half an iPhone, Sony or LG G3 Z3. The Ascend P7 is a good device with light and shadow and a very chic appearance!