However, it may be that the keyboard layout still looks like a US keyboard, and for example äöü lead to other characters (was with me not correctable on a Galaxy Note with Android 4:04 German, regardless of which input method I chose).
The free Medion App "External keyboard" did not help.
I wanted to return the keyboard.
But it was the pay app "External Keyboard Helper Pro". Here you can select German layout, you only have under Settings - Activate the "External Keyboard Helper Pro" and "standard" select them (appear to right when you activate a warning, but this app is safe because it does not have Internet access SpracheUndEingabe and can therefore not send typed characters).
A little fine-tuning was still needed: stands above the key 2 a "as in PC, but when typing Shift-2 produces a @ So under Settings - SpracheUndEingabe - ExternalKeyboardHelperPro click on the far right, which opens the Settings of External Keyboard Helper Pro.. Here "customize button assignments" in the Advanced Settings:
- Click on the 3rd line or "Add New Tastenzurdnung" on:
Scan Code: 3
Keycode: leave inactive
Normal: 0x0032 (this is the code for the character 2)
Shift: 0x0022 (this is the code for the character ")
AltGr: 0x00b2 (which is the code for the character ²)
- Press button Save
Now it works like a PC keyboard, with very good stop.
A) The instructions apply for German Android 4:04; maybe it's slightly different in neuererem Android. , I do not have more recent cell phone.
B) Universaltip to generate random characters on the keyboard:
Under Settings - SpracheUndEingabe - ExternalKeyboardHelperPro far right click, which opens the Settings of External Keyboard Helper Pro. "Customize key bindings" - - Here in the Advanced Settings button mapping settings "Add New Tastenzurdnung"
First is to press on the external keyboard, use that cause the new characters (eg @) -
- In "Scan Code" field the code this key triggers on the phone appears.
- The character that triggers this button on your phone appears in the "Normal" field.
- Now you can change 4 items:
- In the "Normal", you can enter the code for the character you want to trigger the button on the phone (eg 0x0040 for @, 0x0080 for; the tables can be found with Google).
- In "Shift" field you can enter the code for the character you want to trigger the button while holding down the Shift key on the phone.
- And so on for the other two fields for combinations with additional buttons
- Press button Save
- Now the newly registered characters in the selected key combinations are effective when under Settings - has SpracheUndEingabe the app "External Keyboard Helper Pro" enabled and has in "standard" they selected. (Maybe go on newer versions of Android with free apps, but I have only Android 4:04.)
C) I have gotten the small foldable Perixx 805L (and the illuminated Logitech K810, a great keyboard), and has presented the Perixx 804. Can not help thus with any questions or for Perixx 804.