For orientation: many current smartphones have batteries to 1500 mAh, the battery of the latest in compact camera Sony 2014 RX100M3 has 1240 mAh.
Good customer service: each battery pack CP-EL bears with the other type of evidence on the housing printed or lasered date of manufacture and a unique serial number, as the present of the reviewers [2014 02], [05 in 2013] and [2012 06]. This can be - unlike many other rechargeable batteries - exclude a seasoned pack.
The CP-EL than about 26.5 cm long flattened cylinder with a diameter of about 2.8 cm an elegant battery pack, about 87 grams, which lies comfortably in your hand and in your pocket. He has only two terminals at the respective ends of the cylinder: at one end, a USB port (like the computer) to connect to load equipment and at the other end a Micro-USB port for charging the Li-Ion Battery Battery. Almost is awesome that the supplied same short cable can be used to power the device and to recharge the battery pack - depending on which side it is inserted.
The reviewer has now (in July 2014) is the oldest battery pack (from 2012) daily in its file / travel / day bag with this. It accompanies him on all trips as an "energy backup". It is not bad that the pack if necessary slightly discharges - even after two weeks of non-compliance to virtually any device can thus continue with Micro-USB connector (eg smartphone, camera with USB charging port as the recent Sony Cyber-shots , Bluetooth earphones) with a significant portion of energy supply. Even an iPhone can be charged when the original Apple charging cable is plugged into the battery (yes it has no micro-USB connector). (An iPad is not loaded, because a higher charging current than 1 A is required - there are more powerful and larger battery packs - also by Sony).
With the second battery, the approximately three months was unused after full load in the basement, just could be a smart phone to charge at least half ... The self-discharge is therefore quite low. The reviewer has self-discharge or loss of capacity of Sony lithium-ion batteries never perceived as a serious problem (unlike with two power packs of other manufacturers).
=== === Charge status and the operating modes
Not immediately recognizable on the device is the display mode. Because two LEDs (green and orange) are hidden behind the flat top (as an extension of the writing SONY Cycleenergy at the other end).
The GREEN LED
- Lights up when current output is running (also lights on, if the unit is fully charged)
- Blinks slowly when low battery is present.
The ORANGE LED
- Lights up when charging is in progress,
- Does not light when charging is complete or device is disconnected,
- Flashes rapidly when malfunction.
=== === Details
Capacity: Li-ion 2,000 mAh
Output: standard USB 1 output with a max. Output of 5V / 1.0A
Input: USB Micro-B (type A; including Micro-B cable.)
Charging time: 6 hours (to PC with USB charger, charging plug, with Smartphone Charger, etc.)
Size: 125 x 28 x 26.5 mm
Weight: 87 g
=== Delivery (in July 2014) ===
Out of interest, the reviewer has just ordered another Power Pack CP-ELS for purchases in 2012 and 2013. The Li-ion cylinder CP-EL comes in a newly designed 13.5 cm high cardboard box with a footprint of 6.7 x 5.2 cm. The product is CP-ELS (EAN 4901660139177) and the top and bottom sealed with tape box complies with the white cylinder Sony CP-EL (USB Portable Power Supply) with the date of manufacture [2014 02], a short gray Micro-USB cable ( 18 cm long) and two printed manuals and folded in thirteen (GB; FR, DE, ES, N, IT, PT, CZ, HU, PL, SK, SI, RO) or fourteen (BG, SE, DK, FI , GR, RU, HR, UA, KZ, NO, TR, TH, AR, CT) languages. The cardboard box contains on the right side above a small fingernail-sized hologram on the label ("Sony") as a seal of authenticity. The sealed box and the hologram are clues to obtaining an original Sony product from the dealer. By on the battery battery applied date of manufacture and serial number uniquely associated with possibly triggered by the manufacturer recalls the way, is possible. Such recalls, it is in this Sony product that is since 2011 on the market, not yet come. The product may be registered at the Sony sites in one account - then reach an evidence of the manufacturers Sony in any case.
=== Compatibility List (examples) ===
Following is a list of devices that can be loaded, for example with the CP-EL / ELS and / or operated (incomplete selection).
- Apple iPhone (various, with Apple-USB charging cable)
- Apple iPod (diverse, with the Apple USB charging cable)
- Asus Google Nexus 7 Tablet
- BlackBerry Smartphones (various)
- Garmin fenix ABC multisport outdoor GPS clock (with Garmin USB charger kit)
- Garmin fenix 2 ABC multisport outdoor GPS clock (with Garmin USB charger kit)
- Garmin Forerunner 220 GPS Running Watch-(with Garmin USB charger kit)
- Garmin Forerunner 610 GPS Running Watch-(with Garmin USB charger kit)
- Garmin Forerunner 620 GPS Running Watch-(with Garmin USB charger kit)
- Garmin Oregon 600 Outdoor GPS
- Garmin Oregon 600t outdoor GPS
- Huawei E5221 Mobile WiFi Router
- Huawei E5331 Mobile WiFi Router
- LED Lenser SEO 7R battery powered headlamp
- LED LENSER H7R battery powered headlamp
- LED LENSER H7R.2 battery powered headlamp
- LED LENSER H14R.2 Battery Operated Expeditions headlamp
- Logitech K810 Bluetooth Keyboard
- Nokia Lumia smartphones (div.)
- Philips BT2500 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Philips BT3500 Portable Bluetooth Speaker
- Plantronics Voyager HD Bluetooth Headset
- Plantronics Voyager Pro UC Bluetooth headset
- Polar M400 GPS RF Running Watch (Li-Polymer 190 mAh)
- Polar V800 GPS RF Multisportuhr (Li-Polymer 350 mAh)
- Samsung GT-B2710 Xcover 271 outdoor mobile phone
- Samsung GT-S5690 Galaxy Xcover outdoor Smartphone
- Samsung GT-I8160 Galaxy Ace 2 Smartphone
- Samsung GT-I9300 Galaxy S III Smartphone
- Samsung GT-I8190 Galaxy S III mini smartphone
- Sony Handycam (div.)
- Sony Cyber-shot DSC-WX80 Compact Digital Camera
- Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX100M3 Compact Digital Camera
- Sony Walkman (various)
=== Self-discharge / Long-Term Test ===
To test the self-discharge, a battery (the [2013 05]) has been fully charged and placed for three months in the basement in the summer of 2014. After exactly three months, in autumn 2014, the rechargeable battery was taken to charge an almost discharged iPhone 4S again. The battery had so much capacity that more than three quarters of the iPhone charge was available (charge level from 3% to 89%). This suggests that charged due to the low self-discharge of the battery basically several weeks may be and still can give at least a half smartphone charge - an ideal travel companion so.
=== === A Final Word
Sounds, text, images - critically, independently, often "on the run" - our motto. Should these lines be useful in orientation and possible purchase decision, thank the reviewer for an appreciative clicking on "helpful". For additions, questions and comments is the comment channel available.