+ Two-color laser green / red alternately and in combination.
+ Relatively (!) Strong green laser
+ Switchable between sound-to-light and continuous rotating the prism of the effect
+ Rotational speed of the prism adjustable, nice effect at low rpm
+ More or less random change of Laser Red / Green / combination in continuous operation
+ Practicable tripod (plastic)
+ Very light and compact, so also willing to travel.
+ Effect size enough to small to medium-sized rooms to use it, or rather, to illuminate foliage of a large oak tree from below - Really very nice effect to the dawn!
+ Price / performance with 30 (US) in May 2012 just barely good. (For 20 there would be a price to do)
+ Active air cooling (ca.40mm) - Practically in "corners" in which heat could accumulate in continuous operation.
- Prism rotation starts from only medium speed (at low setting is the electric motor too weak and can not overcome the overturning moment = very expensive electric motor). If you want to have to (from about 50% rpm of the engine) can only start faster and then settle down to rotate slowly. Then stable period rotation operation is possible.
- Transmission / engine noise (no fan!) In quieter surroundings clearly perceptible, housing here acts like a sound box.
- Socket for power supply side connection back at mid-height, therefore affects the flexibility of the retaining clip.
- Adapter solution for power supply works Contact conclusive, but the Euro-adapter does not sit particularly strong. Therefore, rather pulling the power supply out of the adapter, as the Euro plug from the socket. A risk-free removal is still possible under normal circumstances.
- No details on the device to the laser power / No warnings for the eyes (looking directly into the laser should be of course and avoided!) / No CE (not even the Chinese adapted)
- Inferior in terms of performance visible red laser compared to the green. (The Red should have been approximately 100mW more)
CONCLUSION: Simple (but beautiful) R / G Laser Kalaidoskop effect in cheaper Chinese quality. Unfortunately, the loss of operating convenience thanks to cheap motor for lens rotation (no remote control capability at low rotational adjustment possible = bad!).
For 30 just been okay in the private sector. For 25, the deal would be good for 20 and a price to do.