to the device:
The cam comes well packed with suction cup supplied mini-USB charging cable for the car, CD and remote control.
A required MicroSD card is not included and must be ordered separately! (Max 32GB possible)
The unit is meticulously crafted, the connection cam sucker acts subjectively not necessarily long-term fit, should something break I'll report it immediately in a supplement.
The included remote control has a button over the Cam, you can thus trigger a photo in jpg format. Otherwise, here are the same buttons as on the Cam, so I imagine the need somehow in question.
A micro- or mini-HDMI jack is also located on the device in order to be able to directly play videos on TV, for me, however, irrelevant, I do not even possess such a cable.
The recordings are saved as MOV file. In Windows Media Player I missed the sound, in the VLC player it was available in the included software anyway.
The Cam captures video in 2 grades and in 3 or 5 minutes in length, should the memory card, the oldest existing file will be fully overwritten.
For daily use the system as a whole is thought, as long as the cam gets voltage, it starts immediately and takes up 10 seconds after switching off current recording will stop and the cam switches off.
Now I want to keep it short bullet points to the relevant properties for me to inform me.
File sizes (approx value determined without sound):
720p 3min 200MB
720p 330MB 5min
1080p 3min 300MB
1080p 5min 500MB
I opted for 720p 3min file, a 32GB microSD therefore sufficient for almost 8 hours of recording.
- Pleasantly small case
- Manual is very good, unfortunately full version enclosed on CD in PDF format, Quick Start Guide in printed form
- Picture quality is really great, true 1080p or 720 (but also rich)
- GPS reception very good, a few seconds after the start already ready
- Auto iris is good, the luminous intensity of Optics and chip are unsurpassed in this price range, so even in the dark useful
- Holder is ok, suction cup holds bombproof, the camera can be taken separately from the suction cup to prevent theft
- Menu setting completely in German
- Being able to relocate charging cable very long to get it fixed in the vehicle
- Charging Plug the device Mini-USB (the charging cable from the old phone really works so)
- To secure a pre-assigned button to current video before overwriting (maximum 10 files on the memory card this possible)
- Sound recording can be switched off
- Remote control included
- Windows software attached, are displayed in the additional information all possible (GPS, Google Earth map, compass, speed)
- A truly intuitive operation possible
- No memory card included
- Missing configuration possibility of the displayed image information (always the date, time, speed, GPS data)
- No lens or screen protectors or bag available to the Cam scratch protected take
- Battery not replaceable by the end user
for the negative points I wanted to pull off a punt, but if you set the Bildqualitität opposite cams from other manufacturers into consideration is a 5 star rating yet with a clear conscience possible.
Update 2013-05-10 (even calculated values)
The internal battery lasts for a similar use as Actioncam eg on the bicycle helmet pretty much 50 minutes.
The power consumption is at 13V board voltage with included mini-USB cable with 280mA or 255mA Monitor without monitor.
Update 2013-05-11 (thanks note in the comments)
There is a software update available. Stand 2013-05-10 find on rollei.de - select from list of camcorder - Photo Products - Download.
About the size of the updates I could find no information regarding a change menus, file size or video format, I can not determine.
An Update Instructions must be understood and can be downloaded by any interested layman.