I could check the phone several weeks through its paces as part of a product test. Here let me just that test my previous euphoria about Windows 8 on a smartphone to lose a bit.
But let's come once to the phone. I think the phone is top handles and is very comfortable to hold. The back is rubberized which provides slip resistance. Edges can love or hate I find them in the combination with the rest very pretty. Externally there is for me nothing to complain about.
The battery performance can be described as average. By 1 day indoors when not playing around too excessive. With little use even by 1.5 and if you leave it lying around just manages nearly 3 days ago. Unfortunately, the battery is not replaceable, though is still not a problem. But almost all of my previous mobile phones I had to change the battery after one year. What do the manufacturers here, probably should be clear.
We come to the most important, the operating system. You can tell that they wanted Microsoft to catch up with Windows 8 to competitors. In many areas they did it but convince so completely it can not me. Here are some examples why:
- There is no central Notification area, a message is only briefly on the display and is then gone forever. Here one forgets often times one or the other
- The quality of most apps is atrocious to average. You will notice this here in a hurry what is tinkered together to pull the app number in the other stores the same. Good games are rare.
- The Appliste tends quickly to become so large that you can hardly find an app. In Windows 8, the writing is almost always larger than the icon else around with Android and IOS. Icons can be easier to remember and can be found more quickly, especially when they are larger. The Appliste is crap.
- I can also use the tiles / tiles not make friends. They are usually too large and also the home screen is a scroll orgy. Unfortunately, I do not like the whole concept of Windows 8 at this point.
- There is no file browser. I've sent me a .zip file via Bluetooth to a mobile phone, where the setting arrived probably just Microsoft.
- Often, the mobile versions of websites not offered because they recognize only Android and IPhone. So you always see the desktop version.
But there are also positive things:
- The wide-angle camera takes surprisingly good pictures, though not as good as the Lumia 920 but better than many other smartphones. The shutter speed is outstanding.
- It all comes down like butter, no hangers no crashes
- Moving from Android to Windows 8 is one minute job. Simply Google Enter login information and you have access to all the things stored at Google.
Apparently, I am not a great Ohrenfetischist because I could ever hear any difference with my Octone in-ear headphones, unlike other smartphones or MP3 players. I think here is just good marketing operation.
All in all, although I can say that the HTC Windows Phone 8X is a class phone but unfortunately drew the cut against strong competitors with me. If even Windows 8 on a cell phone but then a Lumia 920. In the end the choice fell on me on a Galaxy S3 LTE Samsmung and I am therefore remained true Android.