- The promise held smoothly, 9-11 hours are there ... very good point.
- Other things ... I bought an external battery 000mAh 25 to 60, with this I have a real laptop with autonomy of over 30 hours ... it's just huge!
- If you close the display cover, or you press power, the computer goes to sleep as android tablet ie it consumes almost nothing and they can remain for days in this condition .... very good point too.
The memory ram:
- On Windows under 2GB ram, I have been afraid too ... wrongly if you manage your startup list it works flawlessly ... Internet and video games goes by without worries, I could play Half-life 1 and 2 and mods without problems, only GTA 4 to malfunction, it's perfect.
- 32GB in total than the operating system must share with a recovery partition windows .... result has only 20GB is limit, I only have 3GB of free once I installed words, excell , acronis true picture 2015 ccleaner and recuva.
- I put a 64GB micro SD card or I stored "my documents" and "download" ... just change the shortcut to access it "naturally" from the desktop.
- The 1TB internal drive allows me to store my films.
- An external USB SSD allows me to store my video games.
The touch is very good, the definition of the screen is finally ample and full hd would even be harmful because the desktop and window would be too small and unusable touch. The glossy finish of the screen to go outside reading difficult in sunny weather, Touch forces obviously no choice finish was possible from Asus.
The pc was tested under 35/40 ° C for several hours of intensive video games .... no problem.
Finishing: With its aluminum shell, the tablet is that a good finish is fine ....
The few bad points are:
- Lack of space on the system drive.
- The trackpad frankly not great to use.
- The unique USB port.
- Keyboard: The shift key and the arrow keys can be used simultaneously, which can be distracting in certain circumstances such as video games ... for everyday use, no problem, the seizure is nice.
- Not as simple as Android tablet because Windows just need to be optimized include the startup list in order to effectively exploit 2GB ram without "wasting in" unnecessarily with programs as useless when starting the pc.
Asus managed to make to a tablet having the qualities of a android tablet arm without its flaws with its operation under Windows x86.
The result is that for a similar price to high-end tablet, you have a PC / tablet with its huge windows and virtually unlimited software inventory for PC and frankly more interesting games of "casual gaming" android.
So overall I had a T100TAM Asus with an Intel Atom Z3775, and a 1TB hard drive with aluminum finish for 308 in offers reconditioned ... the value for money is just unbeatable and found.
By comparison, a tablet samsung galaxy tab s most expensive, no keyboard, limited to 32GB, with lower and frankly more restricted autonomy ... literally bury the comparison does not stand one second.