I've only ever tried the clock while swimming and running and not yet compared the values with other watches. This review relates only to the first impression. I just thought, because the clock is really Original and I got it so quickly, I write here before a first impression.
Reason to buy me was primarily the pulse measurement on the wrist as well as the multi-sport function; particularly the railway counting while swimming. The design also told me to also. That was important for me because I wanted to wear it all day the clock.
- GPS determination: Does aufjedenfall faster than my Garmin watch at TomTom.
- Display: is easy to read and the time display in standby looks good.
- Heart Rate Measurement: works and takes about 15s. until the first value displayed. But if I have not yet compared to a Garmin clock and chest strap.
- Tracks include swimming: works just fine. Had she only once a swimming pool there and because the clock has miscounted a train. (I suppose it was this train swam as me the boy in the way and I had to dodge frantically :)). Other values such as Swolf or arm pulls I have not looked at me.
- Display at a sports unit: It is not possible more than 3 information while running to display simultaneously. I want, for example: distance, time, pulse and Pace in one page can be so I do not have to play around the clock while running. A selection of the fields to be displayed would be nice here. Perhaps realizing such a way that, as top of the screen, (with left and right) can be defined below the values you get displayed there.
- Own training: While I can specify that I want to do an interval workout, but I can only set one interval passage. So if I make 1x10x30s HIIT workout I can adjust that. However, I can not adjust 2x10x30s. Also, I would like this training on computer edit / create and then copy it to the clock and provided with its own name so that I my intervals does not always completely recompose.
- Speed units: you can set as a unit speed and / or speed. Is somewhat unclear, I think. Here would be, in my opinion, better speed and pace.
- Delete activities: I have not yet figured out how to delete activities directly from the clock. My wish would be here; I (individually better but at the same time several min.) can delete from the clock activities directly. That was pretty annoying, as I have played around with the clock at the beginning and have started about 25 activities and stored again. I had to go all alone again and very inconvenient to delete from the TomTom website. (Perhaps there is already a function for it and I missed it?)
- Tone at the start of an activity off: When I start an activity sounds first a tone that tells me that I have now started the activity. It would be nice if you can turn off this tone. (Key tone and vibration I can disable namely in the settings).
- Online Portal: The Online Portal of TomTom is very sluggish and is not displayed correctly in all browsers.
- Key lock: there is unfortunately not. In my view, but a nice feature. For example, realized by pressing 3 seconds after the top of the Control Pad.
- Software: Software Technically not very mature. Sometimes "stutter" the clock a little.
- IPhone App .: Good start but there's still a lot of upside potential. Here you may not even be deleted activities.
- Backlight: really is only a small lamp in the upper left corner and can not remain permanently switched on. For runs in the dark that would make sense.
If you want to upgrade from a Garmin now completely in this clock, I recommend to wait until the software side, what else happened. Who wants to try it out but not a problem and has to wait for updates (I hope it arrive promptly which) can strike like already.
Conclusion: Good clock with an attractive design and functioning heart rate measurement on the wrist. For me, an innovation for the future.
If the called "disadvantages" (you can not have everything) to be implemented, I have to forgive no problem 5 Stars. For a price of just under 300 to me is however a bit too little.